Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tinman Here I Come!

So I'm excited (and a little nervous) about this tinman I signed up for. It's like a triathlon but comparitively short (not to me though!). I wish the swim was longer and the run shorter but I'll live. The swim is 150 yards, the run is 3 miles and the bike ride is almost 10 miles. I've never done anything like this before. Not even a 5k. So we'll see if I can make it! I'll let you know how it goes....
I showed you my mom's family tree so I thought I'd post my dad's also. Here it is:
It was fun to get all the pictures in one place and see pictures I'd never seen before.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

WHY oh WHY is this the first time I am hearing about your Tinman??? This is AMAZING! And WHY oh WHY am I being so shown up by you and Molly becoming work out superstars and leaving me behind in your dust, or to hand you your water bottle as you sprint past??? No, all in all, I'm soo proud of you! My friend and I signed up for a 5K last summer (a third of what you are doing!!) and LOVED running together--though we still lack that "runner's high" crazy folks talk about...it got rained out. And that was that.

Molly said...

You're going to do awesome! You'll love it and want to do another.

Kerri--maybe next year you and I can distance train together.

PS--Holley! There's a reason I can't distance train with you this year. And that reason is due on October 17th. :)

Kerri said...

Hooray hooray for Molly!!! That WOULD be fun to distance train next year--and would help me look like Holley does after her babies are born! And dreaming big we could all meet up for a race :)

Eric and Laura said...

Good luck! I've been trying to work up the nerve to do a triathalon. I'm only crazy enough to run half-marathons. :)

Kyndra said...

Good luck! I wish I had the nerve to sign up for something like that, but for now I'll use my current physical state as the reason I am not, and not the real reason which is I am a total wimp.

And cool family tree!