Sunday, February 21, 2010

Callings change

Kevin got released from the bishopric a few weeks ago, and was directly called as Young Men's President. Yes, he is still very busy, but it is a different kind of busy and he is busy at different times. I knew about the change for awhile before it happened, so I was so looking foward to having my husband sit with me during Sacrament meeting. And yes, it is so much less exhausting when you have someone to share the burden of keeping three kids quiet and reverent. Hunter did not sleep well last night and he was in a horrible mood today (although I didn't put that together until after church) so I was able to take him out and know that I didn't have to worry about the other kids. People are very kind and have helped out in the past, but it is just not as stressful when I know my kids are sitting with their dad.

We are still working on Hunter's habit of roaming the walkways. It's hard when he's so dang cute at it.

And Kevin still has meetings before church, but not as early so the kids get to see him.

The treat I realized today is choir. For the past two years I've been bringing the kids with me because it is right after church. The kids are so tired of being quiet and reverent they just want to run and chase and be oh so loud (and we practice in the chapel). Today Kevin took the kids home and I got to go to choir all by my lonesome. It was bliss.

3 comments:

The Hull Family said...

Hunter was an angel at church compared to my "screaming for more water" child!!

Kerri said...

ahhhhh...a refreshing breath of air....isn't change great? Welcome back to sitting in coach, Kevin...the seats aren't as plush as up there in first class, but if you're lucky there are more snacks.

The Christiansen's said...

Fun changes! Hunter has grown up so quickly. He reminds me so much of Nathan. Hope all is well with you guys.