White Chili
Accessorizing your chili is half the fun. Serve several bowls of toppings – shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream – for sprinkling over the chili.
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 med. Onions, chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can chicken broth
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or ½ tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
¼ tsp. red pepper/red pepper sauce
¼ tsp. salt
1 can (11 oz) white shoepeg or whole kernel corn, with juice
1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, with juice
1 can (15 oz) butter beans, with juice
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
Ultimate Chocolate Brownies (Leslie Eccles)
¾ c. cocoa
½ tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. butter, melted
½ c. boiling water
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. salt
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix until smooth; bake 35-40 min. at 350 degrees in 13x9 pan, until brownies pull away from side. Cool and frost with:
Chocolate Frosting (Betty Crocker)
Melt:
1/3 c. chocolate chips
2 tbsp. butter
Remove from heat, add:
2 c. powdered sugar
3 tbsp. hot water
May have to double
Gourmet Mint Brownies (Andrea Williamson)
Filling
One 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. mint extract
4 drops green food color
Mix together the package of brownie mix from the store or homemade recipe. Spoon the filling on top of the mix and swirl. Cook 350 degrees or see box directions. Frost brownies with chocolate frosting.


1 comment:
yummy! looks delicious! I'm glad you properly gave the credit where due...I have that White Chili recipe, but someone else claimed it as their own. Ah ha..now they've been figure out...But let's be honest, I ALWAYS change the author to who I got the recipe from. So hypocritically, yes, I know, all of these are now going to say "from the kitchen of Holley" in all my cookbooks. It's just how I work :) AND, if you modify a recipe, dog-gone-it, it's YOURS!
Post a Comment