I try to get portraits of the kids for Mother's Day for my mother and Kevin's mother. Here's what we got this year:
We took a little hike at UCR's Botanic Garden. It was soooo beautiful this time of year.
I made cake pops for the first time. They turned out O.K. I changed my mind half way through on how I wanted to make them look like baseballs, oh well.
Nathan said that his favorite part of baseball was playing catch and learning how to throw a ball. He did a better job paying attention this year!
Hunter really enjoyed hitting, but sometimes was grumpy about going to a game if he just woke up from a nap. He was usually pretty motivated by the snacks at the end of the games. After one game he said I don't like baseball because I don't like getting tagged out. But overall he really enjoyed baseball and loved having his own personal batting practice inside the net of our trampoline.
I for one am so glad baseball is over. It was fun, just long. Once Brooklyn started swim, it was hard to try to make it to everything. I didn't try to go to everything, but even with missing some things, we usually had baseball/swim every day of the week, except Sunday (and we were missing practices/games on Sunday too!) 6 weeks of overlap, but now we can just focus on swim!
~
The boys had Father and Sons. Kevin kept threatening to sleep in the back of the truck, but it was cold at night! Luckily Scott had room in his trailer at the last minute, which they loved! They had fun 'camping', eating Grandpa's bbq man meal, making bottle rockets, playing at the lake, playing with friends, and all wearing Avenger shirts!
We had a fun girls night with Grandma, aunts/sisters-in-law, and cousins. Grandma made us matching pj pants and we ate yummy food, played Imaginiff, made a cute Father's day craft, and played (little girls)/talked (big girls). The next day Brooklyn and I went on a fun bike ride. She said she liked going down hills but not up! We eventually got around to painting some nails :)





1 comment:
The pictures of your kids turned out so cute! I can't believe how big they are all getting, and does Brooklyn look more like you than before??
Your cake pops look amazing! I've made them before and mine never turn out cute.
Post a Comment