Sunday, August 10, 2014

Swim Season

I had to convince the kids to do swim this year. Brooklyn has done it for two years (not last year, because of baby Zander) but the boys have never done it. I really love how they become such strong swimmer when they do swim, so I convinced them to try it for at least one year--a major plus was that we would be with friends!





Hunter wasn't too excited at the beginning, but when I finally offered 5 minutes of extra video games if he stopped complaining, and he only asked about the extra video game time 2 or 3 times after that! At his age, they work on free style and backstroke.



 Nathan also had a hard time when they started doing back stroke because he felt like he was "drowning", but once he got that down he did great, and even learned butterfly and breaststroke as well!

 Brooklyn loves freestyle and breaststroke, but is a natural at backstroke, she kept improving her time again and again, even though she's not wild about backstroke.





 The kids loved hanging out with their friends at swim meets and practice, and I loved chatting with the moms during practice too! Zander did so good, I usually fed him dinner in his stroller during practice and it helped that he wasn't mobile yet. He was scooting around but I was able to contain him pretty well.

At one of the meets we got to hang out and compete against our cousins, so fun!

I would love to try to convince them to do it again next year, Hunter actually said he enjoyed it by the end and Brooklyn has always like it. Two down, one to go!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow how fun to do swim with so many friends! I loved your pictures too, great job! OH and the fact that you only had to offer 5 minutes of video game time to get Hunter to do something he didn't want to do...impressive.