Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Organized Recipe Book
So I'm loving how I organized my recipe book about a month ago. I put all my meals into categories: Meals with rice, pasta, potatoes, tortillas, casseroles, soups, sandwiches, crockpot, and pizza is it's own category (and breakfast for dinner is so fun). Also, I put those meals that don't need recipes in as a list within their category. One of my problems with deciding what to make for dinner is that there is so much to choose from! And I hate eating two similar things two nights in row. Now when I'm planning meals, it's so much easier to designate a category and then decide what to do within that category. So we'll usually eat a meal with rice in it about once a week, but each week it is something different. It's also helping me to try new recipes. It's still a little bit annoying to plan meals, but much less so than before!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's a great idea! We're thinking about joining a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) where you pay a membership to help support a local farm and you get a produce basket every month in return. I told Christian that I would promise to actually organize meals and cook for us on a regular basis if he let me join the CSA. I may need recipe advice soon... Hahaha. Such a great organization idea!
Post a Comment