Monday, November 10, 2008

Love not Hate

With all the negativity in the news about prop 8 it has been uplifting and refreshing to read other people's blogs about prop 8. Lissa has been blogging a lot about it and her daughter, Melissa, has an especially awesome quote on her blog. Lissa posted an article that I really enjoyed reading and helped to answer some of my own questions. Here is what I wrote in my journal last night:

Prop 8 passed last Tuesday but I feel sad because there are so many upset and taking to the streets in protest. They are calling us bigots and intollerant when they are the ones acting so hateful and intollerant of religion. I wish there was a way to take away their hate with love. Christ would still act loving toward these people, but how do we show a Christlike love and not get defensive and angered by the hate they are showing to us? How do we help them to see that by most people they are not hated?

After reading this article:
http://meridianmagazine.com/ideas/081110hate.html
I have come to the conclusion that something we can all do is to pray for these people that are so upset and hurt. I hope that we can try to love these people but figuring out how to show that love is the question.

No comments: