Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Letter 2008


To our wonderful friends and family,

Hunter (11 months) joined our family this year and is such a welcome addition to the bunch. He is really Mommy’s little boy, but he’s getting better at liking other people. He entertains himself pretty well, making huge messes in the process (need to fix broken child proofing). He thinks he’s already such a big boy, especially now that he’s walking, always following around his big sister and brother—which is fine until Nathan treats him like he’s bigger than he really is. (I’m often saying, “Nathan be gentle” “Nathan be soft” “Nathan let go of Hunter” “Nathan get off of Hunter”).

Nathan (3 ½) is such a good sport—I guess it helps getting all of his aggression out by wrestling with Daddy. He enjoys hanging out with just Mommy and Hunter during the day doing errands, going to the library, playgroup, and recently Music Time. But he really adores playing with his big sister so it is nice when she gets home and they can have so much fun together.

Brooklyn (5 ½), who is Kevin’s favorite…..daughter!, ,started kindergarten this year and is in love with learning! She’s doing so well reading and writing, but her favorite part of school is playtime. She’s doing great at learning to play the piano. She learned to play “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth” and lost both front teeth just in time to legitimately play and sing the song.

Holley ~ I am enjoying being the mother of 3. I’m getting used to the whole routine of dropping off and picking up from school, doing homework, and we’ve added piano practice. My friend and I are teaching each other’s kid piano so that’s been fun. I’ve discovered a love for designing digital scrapbooking. It fills my thoughts when I go to sleep and wake up, but most of all while Hunter is napping or when all the kids (Kevin included) are sleeping. I’m also enjoying my callings at church: teaching once a month in Relief Society and Ward Music Chairperson.

Kevin works hard still doing real estate at Coldwell Banker. He works hard at his calling as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. He also works hard at being the fun-est and boistress-est father (even Hunter gets a big smile when he comes home). He works hard at being a wonderful husband, always willing to help out. Work, work, work. When does he get a break? About his only recreation is watching TV. His favorite show is “The Office.” He does also go surfing from time to time.

We love this magical time of year and are so thankful for our many blessings. We hope you all have the merriest of Merry Christmases!

Love the Williamsons

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Thanks for the card and letter! I really love you and Kevin and your kids! Memories of being with you last when we were in CA still make me laugh! I love that you have it all together, and have such a great family and love for life!

Merry Christmas!

Molly said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

The Hull Family said...

Love the picture? Did you design that with digital scrapbook stuff? Someday I want you to teach me how to do all that fancy stuff!
Very cute pictures of the kids with Santa and I'm dying over the repo gingerbread house!
We had a lot of fun with you all on Saturday...looking forward to doing it again this saturday!

Maia said...

Merry Christmas!!!
You have a beautiful family!