Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to our dear friends and family!

We've had a pretty good 2009. Brooklyn asked today how old Jesus is. 2009 years old! We then discussed BC and AD but I don't know how much she understood. But we are happy to remember him during this wonderful season.
Kevin is still doing real estate. Why you ask? He loves it, and the market is actually picking up (Holley: finally). He is still in the bishopbric and stays ever busy with that. He starred in our ward road show which was fun for the whole family to participate in. He enjoys his infrequent trips to the beach for surfing and playing the guitar when he has time.
~
I (Holley) stay busy with three kids and my hobby of designing and scrapping on the computer. It has truly become a love and keeps me sane! At church I'm the camp director for our ward Young Women, which hasn't gotten too busy yet, but will soon! I'm also the ward music chairperson. I love music and still enjoy playing the piano and singing, when the kids let me.
Brooklyn is loving first grade and reads so well! She read her first chapter book recently. I checked it out of the library meaning to read it to her, but she read the whole thing. She was able to take a ballet/acro class the last couple of months and just did a recital. She did so great and looked so beautiful. Her class was basically following during the dance to "The First Noel." I'm also teaching her piano, and I rarely have to bug her to practice because she likes it so much.

Nathan is our little ham. We had a memorable Sacrament Meeting today. The music was wonderful, however our children do the darndest things. After the primary sang, Nathan decided that the song wasn't over yet, and sang out nice and loud "in Bethlehem!" and Then Hunter, who got to sit with Daddy (a rare occurence), was coming on the stage to see Bishop (his best friend at the moment), then ran up to me, while the choir was singing and wouldn't stop crying about his shoe falling off until I picked him up. Church always seems to be interesting lately. Nathan looks foward to preschool every week and is learning his letters very well! He also loves to color any chance he gets.

Hunter, we are proud to say, is growing out of his shyness. He goes to nursery now the whole 2 hours. And we can leave him with both sets of grandparents without crying. He will actually smile at people now and not give his infamous dirty looks. This has been such a relief for me. I didn't really realize how much it stressed me out until he grew out of it. We saw the big switch when we were Youth Conference parents and left him for about 3 days. So thank you Scott, Jen, and Grandma and Grandpa Williamson! He has slowly gotten better ever since. Another cute thing I want to remember: We had our ward Christmas pary last night, A Night in Bethlehem, which was amazing. Kevin and I were both involved in the program so Bishop was holding Hunter. I saw him blow a kiss to baby Jesus--melt my heart!
Have a Happy New Year, a great time for new beginnings and goals. But we can also take time to enjoy the small, wonderful moments in our lives. We love hearing about you and your families, whether it be by mail, email, text, or any other forms of communication. So thank you for Christmas cards/letters and we always love hearing from the rest of you!

2 comments:

Jared Eccles said...

Great e-card, Holley!

The Hull Family said...

Such a great idea to put your Christmas card on your blog....I might have to steal your idea! Love all the cute pictures.

Thanks so much for the Christmas CD. We have been listening to it pretty much non-stop since we got it!!