Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving week. I love that Brooklyn has the whole week off. It's nice to have a few relaxing days before all the busy-ness. On Thanksgiving morning I asked the kids if they wanted to go and watch Daddy play in the Turkey-bowl. Brooklyn asked, "Does Daddy even know how to play football?"

Later on we went to spend time with cousins. The kids watched a movie upstairs and the adults watched a movie downstairs.
Here's the "turkey" sandwiches (they were actually pb&j) that the kids ate for lunch. I found this idea in Parents magazine.
Then we met at grandma and grandpa's house. Here's a pretty picture my sister-in-law took:
And here's most of the cousins that were in town.
In between the big yummy dinner and the plentiful desserts we went and played volleyball. Here we are, lookin a little grungy afterwards.
On Friday we went to the beach. The kids love spending time with their cousins from Arizona! Here's a castle they hi-jacked.
Hunter doesn't even want to walk on the sand when we first get there. I tried to wait it out and see if he would get used to it. But I had to force him a little, then he finally had fun drawing in the sand (well watching mommy) and chasing waves--he got a kick out of that.
It was such a beautiful, peaceful day.

We had so much fun. Now we are getting ready for Christmas and so excited to enjoy the season!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

We had so much fun. I am glad Dylan and Brooklyn got to play Secert Agent the whole time. Oh and thanks Charlie wants to buy Rock band for Christmas