Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Benjamin Bunch

The culmination of our week was the completion of our ward roadshow. I got put in charge of this thing in the middle of our ward Primary program (which I was also in charge of, being the first councilor in Primary). Needless to say, I wasn't feeling very motivated or excited about it at the time. I was excited when they first told me about the roadshow a couple of months ago, but didn't realize it overlapped with the Primary program. Thankfully I had Jason Shah to help who wrote (and helped direct) a great script called the Benjamin Bunch, a spoof on the Brady Bunch.
It was a big job and a learning experience but I had so much help from the the youth leaders and our choreographer did a superb job. Just look at these cute girls in their costumes. We added some young girls to the cast since the Young Womens is pretty small. That meant Brooklyn got to be in it too!
Poor Brooklyn wasn't feeling well that night, but she braved through it, and even smiled a couple of times. They danced to an edited "All the Single Ladies" and they wore ring pops!
It came together and was sooo dang cute. I was pretty happy after our dress rehearsal and then the show just blew me away! They had so much energy and just came alive! Everyone came through from the actors to our music tech, to our lights people, to our curtain, to the backstage people to our costume people, just everyone! We kept telling the cast talk LOUD and SLOW and they did! You could hear them! They made the audience laugh and cheer and be totally involved. It was just so fun to watch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my unbiased opinion, "The Benjamin Bunch" was the best roadshow in the stake. The people spoke loud enough so everyone could hear, there were a lot of people on stage most of the time, there was a good variety of songs, it was funny, and everything ran smoothly. Congratulations to Holley and everyone who participated! Brooklyn wasn't feeling well but Holley taught here that "the show must go on" so Brooklyn gave it her all. I'm happy to see the "Mama Faye Eccles" performance genes have been passed on to the 3rd and 4th generations. - Sylvia Eccles Amito'elau

The Hull Family said...

Congrats on a great show!! I bet you are glad it's over though!! You are one amazing chick Holley!