Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Up to?

Nathan played soccer this year and had fun running around and having Daddy as his coach.

He learned how to be more focused this year, dribble the ball, and be a great defender!
The tinman triathlon was a family affair this year! Kevin and I did the whole thing, Brooklyn swam and walked/ran. The boys did a lap on their scooters! Overall Kevin beat me by 8 seconds! I got second among the women in my age group.

Brooklyn has been swimming on the summer league swim team. It has been fun to watch her and I love that she is enjoying herself with swimming.
She does a mean back stroke, and her butterfly is great, she even got a first place! I was so impressed with her IM-Individual Medley. She remember the order (butterfly-back-breast-free), did her two hand touches, remembered to breathe for every stroke on the breast stroke, and she made it! It's one length for each stroke so that's 100 yards. Longer than any other individual events for her age group!
Brooklyn was in her school play, "Life Cycles." It was really cute. Usually the classes pair up but hers was the odd one out, so they got to do it all on their own, which I thought was perfect. Brooklyn was a butterfly. Brooklyn liked singing and dancing.

I helped out a little. I made the scenery! It was pretty big, 3 sheets or 25 feet long and 7 feet tall. Each sheet took 4 solid hours to paint. Hunter was pretty patient, but glad when I was done. My friend did all the costumes (I helped a little with that too--like I painted Brooklyn's wings), but she did so much and they turned out so cute!


Here's one of the songs:

Kevin won tickets to a Glee concert on the radio! We finally got to go and I was in heaven! I am such a gleek. I just love the song arrangements, especially when they do older songs and modernize them. And their mash-ups are so fun. They were great in concert. The dancing was so fun, just like on the show, but they had so much energy in real life-I was impressed. I think they turn things up a notch for a live concert. Like the volume for example--my ears hurt afterwards! No but the singing was great too. I want to be Lea Michelle (Rachael Berry) when I grow up!

Since I teach Brooklyn piano and she is the only one, I thought it would be nice for her to play in a recital with other piano students. I asked my aunt Kristen (who taught me) if Brooklyn could be part of her recital. Kristen always does something fun with her recitals. This time the kids did skits in between each song so the audience could guess what the title of their song is. If the older students have a song like Sonatina #7, then they make up their own name, whatever they imagine or think about while they play.


Brooklyn did so well! She didn't act nervous. She and I played 3 duets and she played one solo.

Here is "Trumpet Man":

What a fun anniversary getaway we had! Kevin surprised me by taking me to the hotel we went to when we went on our honeymoon. But this time when we walked inside there were rose petals, candles, music, sparkling cider, See's candy chocolates-very romantic!

He took me to Claim Jumper for dinner, which is where we went after he proposed. The next day we went kayaking in the Newport Back Bay, then bicycling on the boardwalk in Newport/Balboa. Very fun and a great way to celebrate 10 years of marriage!

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

Congrats on ten years!

The scenery you painted is beautiful! You are so talented.