What an amazing experience BYU Women's Conference was! So fun to hang with Shauna, Janae and Jennifer. The talks were amazing. The concert, music, and art were so inspiring. I would definitely recommend going if you get the chance!
It was so fun to reminisce about our days at BYU. I haven't been back on campus for years, and the last time was for a graduation I think. It was so fun to stay on campus at Helaman Halls, to eat at the Cannon Center, the Wilk, to walk through the HFAC and look at the art on display.
I also had the chance to see the Carl Bloch exhibit at the MOA. SOOO incredible, inspiring, and spiritual.


Kevin did an amazing job of keeping in touch. I was really busy the whole time, but if I didn't answer he would leave a message with family prayer and send videos of the kids. I had my 30th birthday while we were there and I woke up to the kids singing Happy Birthday to me with signs and everything! That night we went out to eat at the Brick Oven (along with everyone else at Women's Conf!) and met up with my sister, Joanna, and friends Tamarah and Heidi, all who live in Utah now :( So fun to catch up with everyone! :)
Here are some of my favorite quotes/summaries from the classes I listened to.
Virginia H. Pearce: Answers to prayers don't always change others, but change ourselves. We have less worry, more peace, more confident in our own words, more living in the present....Prayer and temple attendance are small and simple things. But over time, repeated many times, they become great things.....The miracle of prayer is our relationship with God, not the manipulating of events.
~
Christlike love is more than a series of check marks. It involves noticing what needs to be done around us. (some of the talks I was just listening to while doing service projects so I don't know who exactly said this)
~
At the concert we listened to Hilary Weeks sing, but she would talk a little in between songs. One of the things she talked about was that in eternity we will know our kids as adults. This time on earth is the only time we get to know them as children. I need to treasure this time with them! What an amazing thought!

~
My friends got me this book and CD for my birthday. Very cute, funny, and inspiring!

Julie Beck: Not: I can do hard things. But this: I do hard things.
Dorothy and Mark McDonough on communication in marriage: Don't assume anything. Talk not so people can understand but so they can't misunderstand what you say....Don't talk like you are a child and don't talk like you are the boss. Talk like you are equals. "I would appreciate it if..." "Would you do this with me..."......be present in listening, don't be thinking about what you will say next.......Be careful that cell phone/texting doesn't replace good conversation.......People criticize to change behavior, but only sincere praise changes behavior (great in marriage and with children!)
Lisa Bradshaw: Most service is unplanned events, not planned project. The Savior did service usually on his way to somewhere else. Identify service opportunities in our typical day. Don't be buried in to do list. Have the spirit with us. We can serve while doing what we are already doing. Recognize the service we already do! Be aware of needs around us.
Janel Grimmett: Live in the present. Daydreaming of the past and future won't bring same comfort as living in the present. "I am enough. I am needed." I am the best at being me. Everyone's life is a puzzle and you don't hold all the pieces to your own puzzle. Try being a supporting actress. Don't make my life all about me.
"Few of us can do great things, but ALL of us can do small things with great love" -Mother Theresa
Brother Bednar: A very large ship benefits from a very small helm. 10 virgins: We get out oil drop by drop as we live the gospel. Oil (or salvation) cannot be shared. We have to earn it on our own. When we become slackers we justify by saying it is someone else's turn. But we can just do small and simple things so that great things will eventually come to pass!
We woke up to a couple of inches of snow on Saturday, April 3oth! We expected rain, but not snow! It was so beautiful though, and brought back even more memories! We had a great drive home, just talking talking talking with a little napping. Each night we had stayed up later and later. I came back home so refreshed and happy and just a little tired.


2 comments:
Oh wow! That is just so fun and inspiring. I love that you've shared your notes with us. The thoughts on prayer in particular stand out to me. I love that you texted me while you were there. That was such an important time in our lives!
Wow, Holley! It's so fun to check in on you! I'm so jelous that you got to go to Women's Conferance. I live up here but didn't get the opportunity to go and I'm kicking myslef. And...is that Shaunna Danielson that you are with?!! What a small, small world. She is married to my best friend's brother! I'm so amazed by how accomplished you and your children are. It's good to see what you've been up to!
Post a Comment