Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer Ends

We had a fun time this summer watching Nathan learn how to play baseball. He's never played before but he really enjoyed it. He was known to say "I love baseball!" After which you could often hear, "Great, pay attention!" He had some cute moments that first game where he ran to first base with the ball instead of throwing it (I was glad he remembered where the ball was supposed to end up!) and he also carried his bat with him to first base on his first hit :) He is really quite good at hitting the ball. They had coach pitch for 3 pitches, then they hit off the T.
 Sometimes he needed to be reminded to stand up....
...but by the end of the little season he really knew how to play!  
Hunter and Nathan got to cool off everyday for a couple weeks at swim lessons. They had lessons together (which may not have been the best idea--Nate still has fears and Hunter is just obstinate sometimes) but they are doing so well in the pool. Nathan can swim short distances and loves to dive for toys in the shallow end.  Hunter has no fear, but at least is educated to know what he can and can't do! 

 We had so much fun at Like Piru with my family and cousins. I didn't get too many pictures of me wake boarding, but I can still do it! LOVED it!
 Yes that's crazy girl Brooklyn on the left standing on the tube, she had so much fun!
I've been wanting to take the kids to Forest Lawn in Glendale. I have so many memories going there as a kid. I dragged my family to LA to see this Harry Potter exhibit (fun for me and the kids liked it too!). Since we weren't too far from Forest Lawn we headed over there. They have a stained glass recreation of the Last Supper by daVinci, a humongous painting of The Crucifixion (the moments just before), and about half as large Restoration painting. All of them are in theaters where you sit and listen to the history of them (Kevin took an "accidental" nap in one). Among these paintings there are statue replicas all over, including many Michaelangelo's-- David (Kevin wouldn't stop for this one...I wonder why), Moses, Pieta, Dusk and Dawn, and Night and Day-- and also The Christus. 
So many trips to the beach... 


And we made a little trip to Castle Park at the end of the summer. The kids did two different reading programs at the libraries. We couldn't agree on one so we just did both! One of the prizes was Castle Park. Yea! Something Kevin actually was able to do with us!
 


No comments: