....October is over! What a crazy busy month! We started the month off with General Conference, which was enjoyable and relaxing. A good way to start things off since the very next week we moved!
We just moved a mile away from where we were, but a move nonetheless. We are still getting settled, but once I get that bookcase painted, I'll be able to unpack most of the rest of the boxes! We are enjoying the green yard, the one story, and the even closer proximity to the kids school. We walk everyday!
~
We found some time to get pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. The kids faces look red and sweaty because they got to go down the slide over and over again FOREVER it seemed!
Kevin is enjoying his job as manager at Prudential. We got to enjoy a manager's retreat in Rancho Palos Verdes at this super nice resort, Terranea. It was right on the beach and so peaceful.
While Kevin was in meetings all day I got to enjoy the resort, the beach, the pools (laps and water aroebics class), and I got a massage. It was sooo relaxing!
We did get up early one morning and hurried over to the LA temple. Their flowers were so pretty.
Then came Halloween! We had Captain America, Harry Potter, and Hermione Granger.
I was a twihard (die-hard fan of Twilight-team Edward!) and Kevin was Jean from Blue Oyster Cult (the More Cowbell guy from Saturday Night Live)
Here we are at Kevin's work party where we were 2 of 5 adults dressed up (out of 100's). I look happy here huh? That was one second of many....
I am Primary President and the Primary was in charge of the Trunk-or-Treat for the ward. It was fun but we are starting Primary Program practices at the same time--so its been pretty hectic!
~
We also went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood on Halloween, the kids got so much candy! I am thankful that we got to be settled in our house before Halloween, that my kids made me decorate 2 days after we moved in for FHE, that I didn't worry about carving pumpkins, but just had the kids draw on pumpkins this year, that the ward party went smoothly, and I'm thankful that we had a lot of fun for Halloween this year!



2 comments:
whew! wipe the brow cuz you've DONE it girl!! i can even still the dust still trying to settle from your whirlwind!
Cute costumes! I'm glad October is over, too. I didn't do nearly as much as some people, but I'm tired!
Post a Comment