Brooklyn turned 9 this year. It made me cry to realize that she has spent half her time with us if she goes off to college when she is 18. For our little family get together Brooklyn chose Harry Potter chocolate cake with no chocolate chips (which I always do but she said it is too chocoaltey--I tried not to take offense to my daughter not liking as rich chocolate as I do!). She said she really liked it that way!
Brooklyn's favorite color is blue and her fav blue is turquoise. Her favorite movie right now is the old Smurf cartoons (that I grew up watching!) Her favorite food is boiled carrots. Her favorite dessert is cookie dough ice cream.
Brooklyn's favorite toys are Barbies, her favorite sport is handball, which she plays everyday at recess, and her favorite place to go is Disneyland!
We took Harry Potter cupcakes to Brooklyn's class. Brooklyn is on her second time reading through the Harry Potter books. She has lapped Nathan, and is patiently waiting for him to finish #6. Her favorite Harry Potter book is #4 The Goblet of Fire--which i have to agree on! Brooklyn's favorite things to do are to read and play handball. Her favorite subject in school is math.Her favorite video game is Lego Harry Potter!
Brooklyn got her ears pierced this year for her birthday! She was so excited. When we got down there, I started thinking about how Brooklyn has had a history of almost passing out (when she had blood drawn and when I tried to put contacts on her--yea we gave up on contacts). So I told the worker, but I made the mistake of telling her in front of Brooklyn. I could see the color draining out of Brooklyn's face as she got nervous. What had I done? I tried to reassure her and she said ok I'm ready. She got them pierced and then immediately started to go white and tired. The worker had some smelly thing, that perked her up a little but sort of upset her! So Brooklyn laid on the floor and I bought some candy for her and she was eventually fine.
She got through it and now has cute little earrings! Oh and she got cute new purple glasses and they match her lavender earrings. I'm just kicking myself. What would have happened if I hadn't said anything? We'll never know....
Happy Birthday to my big girl!




No comments:
Post a Comment