Monday, April 30, 2012

Nathan's Bday

Nathan turned 7 last month. I love the expression of pure excitement I caught in this picture:
We took cupcakes to Nathan's classroom this year and they were Star Wars themed: 
 Nathan is such a good, joyful kid. He loves to read, which is his favorite subject in school. He is reading Harry Potter #6 right now, in addition to all the other small books he reads in between. He read all the A-Z Mysteries, but his favorite was Magic Tree House, which he has read all 47 of them! 
 Nathan also loves Star Wars. His favorite video game is Star Wars. It really motivates him to get his room cleaned, piano practiced, and get ready for the day, all before school starts so he can squeeze in 10 minutes of video games before school! Then when he gets home he gets his homework done and a job for me, so he can get his other 20 minutes in--they get a total of 30 minutes of video games each day, he is also becoming very good at math figuring out how much time he has left!
 Nathan can be quite the ham! His favorite color is blue, his favorite food is mac&cheese, and his favorite dessert is ice cream (and I was surprised he chose carrot cake this year, just like Daddy). His favorite toy is Star Wars Legos. His favorite sports are kickball, basketball, and running. His favorite place to go is Disneyland!
Something cute he recently said (several times): "I like to hear the birds singing. I love springtime!"

No comments: