Have you ever read The Five Love Languages?

Kevin and I read it in our marriage prep class at church before we got married. I definitely identified with the concepts in it. I think I figured out Hunter's love language! He's been going through a tantrum stage, and I haven't been able to deal with him very well. Kevin can always get him out of his tantrum/stubborn mood. I noticed that Kevin just talks to him, not about why he was in a bad mood, about anything else actually. Talking and communicating is not something that comes naturally to me. Like this blog for example, I'd much rather share photos than my innermost thoughts. But I know that it is important, we all know that communication is important right? Kevin is an expert, so we get along great. Well with Hunter I started putting an extra effort into just talking to him about random things and I actually talked him out of his latest tantrum!
So I think Hunter is words of affirmation. Brooklyn just needed lots of hugs to get into better moods. And Nathan didn't really have a bad tantrum stage, but I think he is quality time because he loves playing games and giving him attention in general keeps him pretty happy! (Maybe that's the easiest for me because that's mine too :)


2 comments:
HEY :) Cheri (my sis) just went through this same discovery with her kids, so YES, it's been on the brain. Do you know he has a whole book about the Love Languages of Kids? Well worth reading, I imagine. When there's time. Probably worth making time.
She wrote about her experience on her blog (you can see it from my sidebar). Love you, even though we DON'T get quality time these days!
That book for kids sounds great! I have read the book but Matt has yet to reciprocate... :(
Post a Comment