Sunday, September 2, 2012

How do bees get to school?

On the school buzz....I thought it was cute, but evidently not funny enough for my second grader. I asked them if they got any funny jokes in their lunches (which I planted) and he said no, because it wasn't funny! Oh well you win some and you lose some. Booklyn and Nathan did like their pancakes on the first day of school in the shape of a 2 and 4 for 2nd and 4th grade. Hunter did not want a P for Preschool. He wanted Mickey Mouse :)
 I'm angry and I know it!
 4th grade here we come, so tall (how many inches did she grow this summer?) and beautiful.
But not afraid to be silly once in awhile!
 
These kids are so good. They love their teachers, and they do really well getting themselves ready in the morning. Not too much nagging anymore, yea! Nathan is a pretty good eater, but the one thing he doesn't like is sandwiches. This year we tried macaroni and cheese, which both he and Brooklyn loved. So I went out and bought 15 boxes, macaroni here we come.
Hunter stays in his jammies  workout clothes just like mommy on the walk to school. He likes to do his exercises with me!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That was a cute idea making pancakes in the shape of their grade! Nathan almost loojs like his backpack with that face. Not sure about if cold macaroni and cheese sounds good for lunch, but if they eat it why not. Easy for u.

Christine said...

I love our efforts as a mom that get met with rolled eyes and suggestions of what we SHOULD have done! Cute ideas I loved them!! I found the contents of an entire lunch in Jacob's trash can in his room this morning...I used to just find Taylor's uneaten lunches. They say they don't want anything but peanut butter and jelly but then getting them to eat them is another thing. If mac and cheese works go for it!

Kerri said...

Try this one on for size:

Why couldn't the elephant join the swim team? Because he forgot his trunks!

Why did the cat go to computer class? He wanted to get his hands on a mouse!