Friday, May 3, 2013

Family Outings

We try to make it up to the snow at least once a year. We stayed with my Grandma in Lake Arrowhead, ate lots of yummy food, and so much fun in the snow. It was Martin Luther King weekend, and there wasn't much snow, but we were glad that Green Valley held through like it always does. It's always a bit more of a drive, but worth it! I did go down the hill twice (from only half way), but felt a little dizzy, so that was that! I enjoyed taking photos. I also helped with Hunter's snowman participated a little in the snow ball fight. 




For Kevin's birthday we went bowling. It was a fun day as a family. Nathan is quite the bowler. We played with bumpers and he throws the ball sort of crazy but with enough power that he always manages to hit a lot of pins!


Kevin won tickets to Knott's Berry Farm on the radio. I was bummed that we had to use them before I have the baby, since I couldn't go on any "fun" rides. But I did manage to go on a couple of tame coasters. Hunter enjoyed Camp Snoopy, while Kevin took Nate and Brooklyn on a few faster rides (the ones Kevin could handle). Brooklyn loved Ghost Rider best and Nathan's favorite was Jaguar
.

Oh ya, the day before we went to Knott's we found out that we are going to have another boy! The kids' reactions were so funny-well mostly Brooklyn's. She started feeling queasy watching the ultrasound screen, so she sat down. When the tech announced it was a boy, she just said Oh okay in a tired/sick voice. The boys on the other hand were cheering. Brooklyn and I were hoping for a girl but we've had time to get used to the idea and are super excited!
Spring Break was pretty low key, spending some time at the park, going to Daddy's work, and doing lots of Spring cleaning. We did make it to the beach and spent a fun day with Aunt Sylvia climbing on rocks, playing volleyball/football/frisbee, chasing a kite, jumping off the life guard tower, playing in the sand, and we saw a whale. We had to get a Balboa bar while we were down there, yum! The kids also had fun playing in the spa and crazily swimming in the cold pool!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

...and that sums up the last 4 months ;)

nice recap :) your blog is like mine -- neglected lately, but sure glad when something pops up :)

What a funny ultrasound reaction :) Every kid here at our house is rooting for a girl -- how will they react if it's a boy?? Pray for no tears :)

Maia said...

I can't believe how grown up Brooklyn is getting!!! Your kids are adorable.
Congrats on a 3rd boy. Brooklyn will be well looked after, having 3 brothers.