Kevin had a work conference in Las Vegas so we decided to go a couple of days early for a little Baby Moon. I've never really seen Vegas, except for passing it on the freeway on the way to Utah, so there was quite a lot to see! The architecture of the buildings is so fun and amazing, and each one is so different. The first day we got paid to watch a TV show and answer questions and got some free stuff.
We also went to the Vegas temple. I was thinking about our trips, and usually if we are close to a temple we'll spend some time there. Part of it is then we don't have to worry about getting a babysitter later that month since we already have one, but it's also fun to go somewhere we've never been to!
We got to stay at the Caesars Palace --wow! So fun to walk around and see all the statue replicas.
While Kevin was in meetings I got to do some of my own exploring. I also enjoyed the Forum Shops, which had amazing replicas also, like this Trevi Fountain.
I really enjoyed going to some art galleries. Saw some original Picasso's, Dali's, Warhol's, but this was a favorite by Francois Fressinier.
We enjoyed just seeing the sites on the strip, both during the day and the night. Loved the Bellagio fountain especially. We saw a couple of shows. We saw Tony and Tina's wedding which was pretty silly. We loved the Cirque du Soleil show, Mystere.
I did a lot on my own, but always tried to be back to meet Kevin for lunch, and then we got to hang out at night. My last day I went to the conservatory at Bellagio. Sooo beautiful and amazing. The flowers were just beautiful. I kept thinking how much the kids would like some of the things we saw, but they had a blast with my parents!
Oh and I did drag Kevin with me to try some gellato. Heavenly!



No comments:
Post a Comment