The kids looked so nice Easter Sunday
And they had fun hunting for eggs with cousins
I didn't get too many pictures of Brooklyn at gymnastics this year, (more video than photos) but it sure was fun to watch her look so elegant on the beam, do flips on the vault, learn how to do backbends, watch her do back handsprings in the harness, and perfect her headstand, hand stand, cartwheel, and round off. She sure learned a lot more being in Level 2 this time.
Hunter had a blast being on the Mets T-ball team this year.
Nathan loves cub scouts, especially participating in the Pinewood Derby!
His car was called Thor's Storm Rider and he got Most Detailed Award.
My sister-in-law, Jen, and I are pregnant at the same time. While I'm writing this she just had her baby last week and I've got 2 weeks to go from my due date. Anyway, she was planning to help throw me a shower, but what she didn't know was that I was helping to throw a surprise shower for her. She was totally surprised, which was so fun! Here's are big bellies!
Nathan enjoyed being one of the narrator's for his school play, Rumpus in the Rainforest.
Brooklyn did a great job remembering the words and dance moves to the songs in her class play, The Incredible Westward Movement.
Wow, I had such a good time at my baby shower, and everything was so beautiful, yummy, and fun! It was such a nice evening and I felt so loved!
I got so many wonderful presents from friends and family. I tried to get a picture with my friend Jen and my sister-in-law Jen, who threw the shower for me, but it's not on my camera. How did that happen? Anyone else take that picture?
I'm still giving Brooklyn and Nathan piano lessons, (we'll have to see when Hunter is ready--it's nice to start after they know how to read). The last two years we've done a trade off with my siblings for a mock National Guild. They memorize as many songs as they can (usually I stick to 3), learn the scales and cadences for those songs, and then they are judged on memorization, dynamics, interpretation, pedal, rhythm, etc. I judge my siblings and this year Spencer judged my kids. It is fun to prepare for and fun to do!
This year we all participated in the stake triathlon. (Although my participation was very limited-just did the 5K walk--well I was supposed to walk with Hunter but he ended up being so excited that I ran a little). Kevin and Brooklyn did the whole thing: 150 yard swim, 10 mile bike, and 3 mile run. My mom rode with Brooklyn, Kevin got to be on his own, and Nathan ran with uncle Preston, my little brother. Nathan and Brooklyn got credit for 100 mile club, which was a fun thing they did at school. Nathan earned 100 miles and Brooklyn made it to 75!

This year we did girl's night while the boys were on their father and sons campout. We went and saw Anne of Green Gables musical, which was very well done! The girls loved it!
Nathan finally loves the water and had a blast on our friends catamaran.
Here the boys are camping in the shirts that I got to help design from the triathlon. Can't figure out how to turn the photo, sorry!
This is a big event in our lives: I'm finally a mini van mom! We finally have room for the new baby plus carpooling!






No comments:
Post a Comment