We had Christmas with the Williamson's a week early, since Kevin's parents went up to Utah for Christmas to be with Kevin's sister's family. Grandma Jeanne of course came through with the lovely pajamas she makes every year. We had cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole and hot chocolate for dinner (traditional Christmas brunch at the Williamson's).
We went and saw some fun lights in Murrieta (on Bainbridge Circle) this year. There is a cul-de-sac of houses that have all gotten together and timed their lights to Christmas Songs. The first song was Wizards in Winter by Transiberian orchestra, but this year they added serveral other songs (although my kids and myself loved the original best!)
My family got together this year to open presents and eat crepes a little early to spend more time with my sister and her husband, down from Utah. We always do a sibling exchange where we make gifts for each other. Kevin (I) was very excited about the gift he gave to Spencer. I came up with the idea and did the design. Kevin followed through in actually ordering for the shirt. It says "I do all my own stunts" but with a guy on the trampoline, which Spencer is amazing at!
I made Preston a family memory game with pictures from the last year. Oh my goodness that took a lot longer to make than I expected!
For Christmas Eve we went to Mama Faye's house and had our usual talent night. Hunter dribbled his basketball for everyone.
Nathan played a duet with me on the piano called "Party Cat"
Brooklyn sang "Jingle Bells" and Kevin played the ukulele
I had the honor of singing Gesu Bambino with my dad. My sisters played the piano and flute. This has been my favorite part of Christmas Eve growing up with my grandparents singing this song. As I got older I accompanied them on the piano, but this is the first year I got to sing! My grandma said she cried-it might have been a little bitter-sweet!
Okay this is a little out of order, but on Christmas Day we went up to the mountains to my other grandma and performed a little family play: How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Here we are as "Whos" picking out a Christmas tree. Every Who down in Who-ville liked Christmas a lot....
But the Grinch who lived just north of Who-ville did NOT! (My dad was a great Grinch)
His fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head and he got her a drink and he sent her to bed. (My sister Bonnie was Cindy-Lou Who)
Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without presents at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas form coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!
And we even ate roast beast!
Christmas morning was a little different, we had to hurry and open presents and get ready for church at 9am!
But one of the favorites started out as a puzzle. They each got a puzzle piece in their stocking that they put together to read the first clue. Then they went on a hunt to find ........
.......a trampoline! This has been so great for my kids, I love it! (And so do they!)
They day after Christmas we were already in Lake Arrowhead, so we drove a little ways to find enough snow to play in at Green Valley.
We had a massive snowball fight
Hunter was just so cute he would have this big smile on his face
and then he would get you!
What a fun group, do you see the amazing mermaid made by my sister and cousin?
Hope you had a Merry Christmas (and a relaxing week afterwards recuperating from colds and busy-ness and enjoying Christmas presents!)


4 comments:
So fun your camera takes such great pictures or I guess that's you:)
okay....that's it; it's official. you are the coolest family in the world.
What a great holiday vacation!! You guys did a lot of great things! Ashley loved your piano party and when she told me about all the games I was even more impressed...now that I see the treats I'm impressed even more ;) Glad your willing to share your creativity and talent with us!
What a fun holiday, with so many fun family activities.
I am DYING over the Grinch play, that looks like it was just too much fun!!
It's been fun seeing more of you guys lately, we need to get together more often.
Post a Comment